Sunday, September 9, 2012

Here's to buying a house....

Ok, so i realize its been forever.  

And I wish I could tell you that we are moved in and finished with the house....

but i cant.

Believe me,  I WISH WE WERE.  

There are still just so many little things left to do and we feel like if we move in with a million projects left to do....

 we will regret it.  

So, here's to buying a house....

........................

and never moving in it.


................................................................................................................

Although, we have been working....

We bought the old reclaimed wood to wrap the header and columns with....we are using the back side of the turquoise planks...so it will just be brown and old looking.





so below is a pic of part of the columns and header that will be covered....

also notice we hung a fan in this room...we thought it would be smart to have a fan near the kitchen to keep the temp down while cooking....i have big plans for that plain ole fan....

don't you worry



 And here are two of the columns already wrapped....
i pretty much love it
a lot




Also, (i posted this on facebook, so its probably old news) we had some lights hung in the kitchen...
my little (or big) globe pendants are just as wonderful as I envisioned in my mind...

and if you look down the small hall there is a small drum light with metal design around it hanging there and the same one in the mud room...(i don't have a close up, sorry)  we also put two can lights  in the kitchen because we thought it needed more light!


this little gem was on clearance at Lowes and it will be perfect hanging above my large farm table that will go here!



 Again, i already posted this on FB but our counter tops, sink and faucet are installed and i love them too!  Also notice I painted the window and trim around it blue like the island.
what it looked like before:
thank goodness we saved you, you poor little ugly kitchen.


 Another view of counters on either side of the range...already a mess...
we put the cabinet hardware on too.  We still have to make more cabinet doors for the places like above the microwave and where we took out the wall oven and altered the cabinets from their original design....
remember that used to look like this:




And maybe my most favorite part of the entire house (maybe a tie between this and the reclaimed wood columns)

.......my pantry......

its not finished yet, but you can bet your bottom dollar it will be a beauty

below you can see my contractor/best dad in the whole world framing it out...

he is the bomb

dot com


and what is so special about said pantry, you say?

these beauties...well you can only see one, but this old door will be one of my pantry doors.
 boom.


thats all the pictures i have for now.  my camera died and i started working full time last week so I have not been on the ball with my picture taking.

my dad is going to try to finish up the columns/header and pantry by tuesday.  joby put down all the quarter round along the base boards yesterday.....so what do we have left?

make kitchen cabinet doors (about 6 of them)
finish pantry
finish hallway
hang interior doors back on hinges
a bunch of random other stuff that is small and annoying....

So our new estimated move in date is.....


I HAVE NO IDEA!


No comments: