Sunday, September 16, 2012

Annnnnd, were done.....almost

Well, this weekend we put the finishing touches on the house and are officially ready to move in!  

Here is the tour of mainly the kitchen area..

BEFORE:

AFTER:

 BEFORE:
 PROGRESS:
 PROGRESS:
AFTER:
 AFTER:
we decided to leave the cabinet above the microwave open for cook books, and other decorative things.  I went ahead and painted it the same blue as the island.


BEFORE:


AFTER:
my beloved pantry and old doors...they look more distressed in person...and i kept the original knobs on them.....need to get a pic of the inside...lots of storage space!


sink area  BEFORE:

AFTER:

AFTER:



(island area) BEFORE:

 AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
how about those reclaimed wood wrapped columns!? Do you love them as much as me??
oh and we are planning to tile the fire place with some fun glass rectangle mosaic tiles....

more AFTER:
my island has a different counter than my sink and stove area.  I did granite by the sink and stove and used corian solid surface on the island its plain white....no specks just solid white.




Below is the hallway that I've been talking about putting fence boards on...
Let me tell you, the walls in this hall were in bad shape...the paint was peeling and it just looked rough and uneven...so my options were to re drywall, apply some texture, or cover up with some type of wainscoting....so I decided to take some old fence boards from my parents back yard that they took down...paint them, cut them to fit, and add a picture rail on top for a potential gallery down my hallway....I love that I was able to recycle some old wood that my parents no longer needed!
Ill just lean pictures of various sizes on the ledge overlapping one another and avoid nails in the wall!
what do you think???
 you can see my refinished floors here too...



 here is a close up of the open cabinet above the microwave....

So there it is....I will post more of the bedrooms soon...although not much has changed with them...fingers crossed...we will be living in this beast by the weekend! 

WHEW!

2 comments:

Jamie's Blog said...

I LOVE IT!!! I love every single thing about it!!! I'm super excited to see the hall gallery and I want that sink and light fixtures!!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Crystal said...

LOVE it! I know you're so excited! Of course, you did a beautiful job, and I wish you were here to help with ours! :) We still aren't done…just living in the construction zone! I'm so happy for y'all!!