Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Almost finished!


Ok, major painting has been going on at the house! Also, we laid the kitchen floor, grouted it, and put up drywall and covered the sides and back of the island in leftover paneling....So, here goes:

Mudroom:

BEFORE
 progress

ALMOST FINISHED
Walls: Grey, ceiling: chalky darkish teal
still have to change light fixture...

another view of Mudroom...im leaving the doors natural wood...for now anyway.


View of the floors in the mudroom:
still have to put the 1/4 round back on the baseboards, but i LOVE the floors!



 Here is the kitchen/keeping room.  We painted the mantle white, the walls grey and the island is light blue (one shade darker than the ceiling) but you cant really tell in the picture or in real life for that matter....so I decided last night to paint it a different color....we will get to that later.

Before:

Progress:

 More Progress:
One more of that view:




Opposite view of the kitchen, looking into the dining/living room which is painted grey as well...

BEFORE:
Progress:


Dining room:
BEFORE:

PROGRESS:


View of keeping room on right living room on left...


Ok...now for the island!!  After I painted the ceiling in the mudroom I loved it so much I thought I would put it on the island....and I love it there too!

Before: (light blue)

After:
 
BEFORE of the back:

AFTER of the back with paneling on!

What do you think of the color?  I think the kitchen needed something more bold!



 Oh, and i finally just made a decision on the master bathroom...its green just like the master bedroom. Boring, I know, but its better than the before pic, right?

BEFORE:

AFTER: notice we patched the huge hole in the wall from the medicine cabinet too!

Thanks for touring with me!  Hopefully next blog will be the finished product!

What we have left:
hang barn wood on beam and columns in living room area
build pantry
hang paneling/picture rail down the hallway
put final coat of poly on floors
install farm sink
put cabinet doors and hardware on 
install countertops
paint all baseboards
put up new light fixtures
CLEAN
and im sure there are a million other things im forgetting...

Can we finish by Labor day???  Hope so!

4 comments:

Captured by Colson said...

Wow, girl! Yall have been working hard!! Congrats on such progress! Can't wait to see the whole thing finished! (I bet you can't either!!) :)

Unknown said...

Love it all!

Jamie's Blog said...

I love the blue on cabinets! I think the kitchen needed something too. I'm so excited to see the final product!!!! Wish I was there to help!!!

Unknown said...

Rylin this is all coming together so well!!!! Your hard work and creativity is paying off. Keep it up sweet friend! :)