Saturday, November 8, 2014

Groovers nursery


Y'all! I'm on a roll here with this blog thing! I'll run out of rooms to show soon then take another hiatus, I'm sure! 

Groovers room is Bowers old nursery. Poor thing. 
I just couldn't justify doing something different. 
If we ever have a girl.... That's a whole different story....but for now it stays the same! 


The guitar/banjo paintings I painted in Dallas before Bower was born. I made the crib skirt with a couple different fabrics I endlessly searched for! Everything I liked and that went with my color scheme was too girly!  So I finally settled on this medallion print and added an orange trim to match the couch!  The crib was free from a lady in Dallas who used it for her grandchildren that outgrew it...SCORE! I just painted it cream. (Which was a serious pain....all those spindles!!!!) 

The orange couch was the inspiration for the whole room (way back when).... It was Jobys grandparents and was covered in plastic it's whole life so when we got it, it was in perfect condition. 

The shaggy rug is from world market. I layered it on top of another larger rug that we already had. 

The original custom curtains I made for Bowers room in Dallas I couldn't use in this house because I only had 1 set and this room has 2 windows so I needed two sets.... These are hand me downs from my mom...which went from her house to my master bedroom and now to the nursery! They aren't my #1 choice but they work for now. 

The armoire I got from the Canton flea market when we lived in Dallas. It is one of the best places on earth. It was in rough shape when I got it... 
Here's a little before and after:
I love this piece so much!! We had to have it for bower because his room didn't have a closet when we lived in seminary housing, so this was his closet! Perfect size for little baby clothes.  Now it holds all of groovers blankets, shoes, burp cloths, and other random things! 

My changing table is from an antique store in thomasville, Ga ( I can't remember the name or which one... But t-ville has GREAT shops downtown) I painted it and the knobs. I wish I had known about Annie Sloan back then because both this and the armoire would have been way easier to redo with chalk paint! My pregnant self didn't love all the prep work!! 
I painted the abstract and the cute frame holds mine and Jobys baby pictures and was from my sweet friend, Claire! 



Some fun close ups of the paintings taken by my great friend, Susan Hudson when she did bowers newborn pictures! 

2 comments:

Fawn Over Baby said...

So precious!!! I love the colors and the painting(you're so talented!)...and the layered rug idea..and the furniture pieces and the...well everything!! You and Joby should start flipping houses- y'all could turn so many house into priceless gems, like this one!! ;)

The Crane's Nest said...

You are too sweet to me!